NIELSEN CONSUMER INSIGHTS

Radio On The Road - Automotive

Commercial radio reaches three-quarters of Australians who intend on buying a car in the next year, making it the perfect vehicle to communicate with these consumers over the course of their decision-making journey.

These are the findings from the Consumer Insights Report from Nielsen and Commercial Radio Australia, which paints a picture of the automotive consumer in Australia including their preferences, perceptions and buying intentions.

Key National insights include:

  • Almost one in five or 2.4 million Australians aged over 14 intend on purchasing a new car in the next 12 months.
  • Of intending car buyers, half (54%) say they will buy a brand new car, while the remaining 46% plan
    on buying a used car.
  • Three in four Australians who intend to buy a car in the next 12 months have listened to commercial radio in the past week.
  • 25% of radio listeners who intend to buy a car in the next 12 months, intend to spend between $40,000 - $59,999.
  • Commercial radio plays an important role in reaching these potential carbuyers, talking to around 1.8 million (75%) of them every week.

For more information, please contact Briony McLean at briony.mclean@commercialradio.com.au or 02 9281 6577.

This data may not be used for, or in association with, any commercial purposes without Commercial Radio Australia’s prior consent.

Back to Nielsen Consumer Insights